Thursday 29 March 2012

Let's race it again

And here I was again, in Round 2 of the Sepang Drag Battle 2009.  Not much changes was done to the car.  Except perhaps some fine tuning on the Hondata, which I was learning to do it by myself as well.  Hopefully in the future, I could reduce my dependency to my friend Zaki for tuning help and do it myself, without blowing the engine in the process, of course.  Well, in the course of learning, one will have to accept some failures, including killing a few engines in the process.  I just hope it won't happen too fast though!

Here's me doing some final touches before the race starts.


Everything in the engine bay remained the same.


So was the car.


And here's the result (see car no. 26).  I had managed to improve the timing from 17.048s to 15.735s this time.  But it was still way too slow to catch up with the rest of the guys.  Hence this was when I decided to look for a lighter chasis.  It was then the true birth of the GoldMember as it is now.


Here are some other cars at the race, from various categories.
















No comments:

Post a Comment