Thursday 29 March 2012

Let's race it

So with all done (hopefully!), now it's time to test the machine on track.  I brought the car with this engine to participate in Class F (Road Legal Category) at Round 1 of the Sepang Drag Battle 2009.  I didn't expect to win or even qualify for quarter final round with this car, since the competition includes many smaller and lighter cars with more engine power.  I would just be happy if it can just survive the race, so that I can drive it home after the race, and bring me to work on Monday.

So here it is at the pit.

And here's how it did on track.


Here's a friend's car, which is using a DOHC non-VTEC Si engine, which was way faster than mine.  Much better power-to-weight ratio perhaps.  Plus the driver is a much more experienced drag racer than I am.  It's a nice classic civic very well maintained and restored nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment