Sunday 3 July 2011

Engine: LPT Turbo

The previous owner was kind enough to let me have this car complete with the LPT Turbo kit in it.  Boosted at 0.4 Bar, the previous owner informed me that this setup was rather an "unfinished" project of his, and it could be further enhanced to produce more power to the wheel (Hint: Put more money in it!).  Well, at that time I have no interest (and knowledge) about Turbo, so I kept it at is was for awhile.  It was quite fun though with the wastegate sound and all, but not being able to use the whole rpm range (and some more!) on the stock meter cluster (typical NA VTEC syndrome), I just couldn't keep this for too long.  Heck I was even having problem to keep up with a "near stock" B16A powered car during a friendly "training" session, as the LPT engine went flat at about 4500rpm.

Here are some photos of the LPT Turbo 1.6L SOHC engine.








No comments:

Post a Comment