Tuesday 5 July 2011

The Reason Behind All These.....and the Test Bed

OK at this point, I need to let you know that the engine build up had actually started much, much earlier than the arrival of the GoldMember.  Originally, I had no concrete plan on seriously participating in any drag racing.  Quite frankly, here is the reason for the engine build up.

At that time around late 2007 or early 2008, majority of my fellow enthusiasts in engine modification were very much into JDM components for their build.  Brands such as Spoon, Mugen, Jun, Toda and the likes, from the land of the rising sun, were all over the place.  Sought after by many, has caused the prices to go beyond reach for "pokai" person like myself.  Yeah I know fast and cheap doesn't always rhyme together, but there must be an alternative to go fast, without having to sell your kidney for a pair of Jun 3 cams.  That's when I turn to USDM products.  Brands like Skunk2 came into the picture.  I realized that I could get a complete set of brand new Skunk2 cams, valve spring and retainer at a fraction of the price for a used Jun 3 cams only.  There you go, once you go American, there is no turning back!

So I started "collecting" USDM products for the engine build.  And my only car at that time, a Honda Civic EK3, was about to be the test bed for my engine build.

Details on the engine build components are next.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment